Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler for Her
This set contains:
– Sample in Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (Scent certificate redeems for 1.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray, $65)
– Sample in CLEAN Rain (Scent certificate redeems for 2.14 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $69)
– Sample in Gucci Guilty Black (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Toilette Spray, $58)
– Sample in Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir (Scent certificate redeems for 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $72)
– Sample in Marc Jacobs Honey (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $52)
– Sample in MARCHESA PARFUM D’EXTASE (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $60)
– Sample in Narciso Rodriguez for her (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Toilette Spray, $54)
– Sample in Prada Candy (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $64)
– Sample in Ralph Lauren Romance (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $50)
– Sample in STELLA MCCARTNEY Stella (Scent certificate redeems for 1.0 oz Eau de Parfum Spray, $50)
– Bonus Item: 8 1/4″ W x 1/4″ D x 5 1/2″ H Beauty Pouch
The Fragrance Sampler for Her came in a really attractive packaging. They’re all securely held in this shiny, pink box that has a decorative sleeve with pretty cut-out designs on it. The box could definitely be reused for something — I don’t know what, but it’s way too nice to just throw out! If you weren’t gifting this set, you could definitely use the pink box to hold another present. Just an idea.
Practicality and Usability:
The sample vials that all of the fragrances come in are the same size as those you would typically get for free in your Sephora order. I kind of wish that they were a little more ‘deluxe’ size. All but two of the sample vials have little sprays — the ones that do not have a stopper you just pop off. I appreciate that the majority of them have sprays, as this makes it easier to use. From experience, the sample has about two uses from it. Which isn’t bad, I suppose, but I do wish it had a little more.
The pouch that comes with this set is really nice. It doesn’t feel cheap or plastic — the material of this pouch is really soft to the touch. It zips close and has a good bit of room inside. Would make a perfect touch-up bag to throw in your purse.
First we’ll talk about the bad. I’ve seen several reviews that complain about the price for some fragrances being cheaper than this kit. And that is true — 4 fragrances out of the 10 retail at roughly $5 cheaper than this kit. Why Sephora did this, I do not know. My thoughts on that would be…know which fragrance you are looking into before deciding on a kit. I knew I was really interested in the Viva La Juicy Noir bottle, which is $72, so there’s no question for me if this collection is worth it or not. If you’re more interested in Marc Jacobs Honey then, yes, I would agree with the other reviewers in saying this sampler isn’t worth it for you. Unless, of course, you really want that pouch. 😉
Now that that’s out of the way, we’ll talk about the good. For me, the value of this set really makes it totally worth the purchase. If you saw my Sephora VIB Sale haul, than you know I got this set for only $44. Which, since I want to get the fragrance that cost $72…the savings was huge. I don’t know where else you could get almost a $30 discount on high-end fragrances.
Another thing I appreciated about this set was that they packaged it up so well and included a very nice pouch. It’s not like they just threw some samples in a bag and sent it off with a free voucher — they took the time to design this beautiful box and also include a pretty makeup pouch that any woman can use.
I would say that you should have in mind which fragrance you might want to buy. Sephora has several different Fragrance Sampler sets — all with different fragrances and pricetags. If the fragrance you are interested in is cheaper than the set, I would say just take a trip into Sephora and test the fragrance there.
But if the fragrance you want is more expensive, then I would definitely recommend you purchasing this set. Not only will you get a fancy pouch, but you can also try out other fragrances. I know sample fragrances can sometimes seem not worth it — but they really are. And they come in REALLY handy when you have to go on a trip. No worries about breaking that full-size bottle!
So, in short, it really depends on what you are looking for. 🙂 For me, this sampler set saved me almost $30, which was huge! And not only do I get my perfume at a reduced price, but I get to enjoy trying out 9 other fragrances and I can’t wait to use the makeup bag!
I purchased the products mentioned above with my own personal money. I was not compensated for posting this review. I only recommend products that I have used personally and believe will be beneficial for my readers.